Monday 11 April 2011

Project 2-Illustartor Laser Cut Profiles

These are my final laser cur profiles produces on illustrator:

Acrylic Profile

Card
I have made enough plane rectaglular faces on the acrylic profile so that i can have 2 for every one card piece.
This mean i will have 9 Card pieces and 18 acrylic this including one clear face for both the front and back. I am very happy with how my card shapes came out as it took a lot of planing to make the face of the deer look realistic when the pieces where placed together. I made the first section a simple cut out of the face shape then second section with a block of card in the center which represents the skulls forehead, this was an important piece which helped make the face appear more 3d as it pops out to the front. The last three pieces where other parts of the face with the last(center) piece only being the eye holes cut. The eye holes are the only aspect which is clear through the entire model, I did this because when you add light the box the light will stream through the two small holes. I added etching on parts of the face to add some texture which was a good decision.

Difficulties:
I found making the rods a little hard as i had to make them using exact mesurements so they would fit perfectly as the laser cuter cuts 0.1mm of each side of a line.

No comments:

Post a Comment