Saturday 9 April 2011

Project 2-Progress

I have made a sketch plan of what sort of model i want to design based on my computerised model.
I have drawn different sections that will be placed on top of each other to form a 3D box. The box will consist of card cut into shapes to form a deer face and antlers in between see through acrylic. When the sections are placed together it will look like a box that has something inside. I made each card section have a different extension of an antler each so that when placed together it forms the whole antler shape that will 'pop' out of the main box shape.

There will be enough pieces all together to form a box with a longer length than the size of the front faces edges e.g . not an exact cube. The height of the front face will be higher than the width as a deer face will fit nicely inside without to much excess on the sides. Each dimension of the model will be visually interesting as i will design it to have the back and front the same and the sides will be symmetrical. When looking from the side the antlers that pop out of the model will have a symmetrical shape with the antler pieces starting short and growing higher into the center then down again. I have made many calculation with measurement to figure out the models exact sizing. This includes the clear rods that will slot inside holes on each face to hold the box together. I decided to make rectangular acrylic rods instead of using round steel rods to they would not be seen as much. This is because I wanted to keep the idea of the box being see through.


I am happy with my design and will start to design at this point and now will begin to create each piece on illustator.

No comments:

Post a Comment